Back in September of 2017, I visited the Ouachita National Forest in southeastern Oklahoma. This is a gem that sit only a few hours away from me that I need to revisit this year, FOR SURE. Enjoy some photos fro my morning that day and may you find the forest today and everyday.
Things I'm going to accomplish or adjust in 2018:
- Since I've discovered podcasts, my audio book obsession has dwindled so I'm going to read more. I have a stack of books and a few more on the Kindle waiting, here we go!
- I'm going to make sure my Subaru Outback is in every adventure photo I can so I can prove to them I deserve to be a Subaru Ambassador. I was rejected in 2017, but here's to hoping for acceptance in 2018.
- I'm going to increase my overall hiking distance to 300+ miles from the 212 last year. Check out more at 52 Hikes With Mike.
- I'm going backpacking for a long weekend.
- I will climb a peak - hopefully Guadalupe Peak at Guadalupe Mountains National Park.
- I will visit more National Parks, Monuments, and Preserves here in Texas this year. I'm hoping to include Big Thicket National Preserve, Padre Island National Seashore, Guadalupe Mountains National Park, San Antonio Missions National Historical Park, and maybe even a return trip to Big Bend National Park.
- I will be moving this year, in March, and the new place will have a room to store my gear so it's not disorganized and cramped into a tiny closet.
If you'd like to follow along as I attempt to get healthy, see my intro here and check back weekly for updates. Here's to a healthy, happy, and prosperous year ahead. If you'd like to hike with me in 2018, contact me through my about page or find me on Twitter!