Date: April 15, 2018
Location: Cedar Ridge Preserve - Dallas, TX
Trails: Escarpment, Fossil Valley, Cedar Brake (trail map)
At Cedar Ridge, huge crowds of people are unavoidable and it's something I have just learned to deal with as part of hiking in a huge metro area with limited options.
My top 3 things to love about the people at Cedar Ridge:
- Families that hike together - there are a lot of them and it's so nice to see. I've seen multiple generations out together, which is so cool.
- Older dudes hiking together just shootin' the shit, I aspire to have a friend when I'm old to causal hike the neighborhood park with and talk about life.
- People walking their dogs - face it, dogs are awesome and for me are the highlight of the hike.
My top 3 things I don't love so much about the people at Cedar Ridge:
- People who leave their dog poop at the entrance or don't keep their pets close to them while walking
- Couples basically making out on every bench or as they walk - get a damn room already! I just don't think that's cool... hold hands, but you don't have to kiss and make out.
- People that don't share the trail... Mainly, groups that don't go single file on narrow areas when people are passing. Just because you're mid conversation with your BFF Jill doesn't mean I don't want to get by... get over it.
Today's hike was rejuvenating and I pondered a lot of things. It looked like spring but felt a bit too cool to qualify. On one of my trails, I ran into a fellow blogger and hiker named Richard. His blog has helped me find quite a few new spots and he really is an inspiration to people wanting to trail run. Go check him out here.
I hope y'all have a great week ahead - happy trails!