Some of my main reasons for wanting to drop the weight and get healthier: (I'm going to try to share new ones weekly)
- I want to feel less heavy
- I really want to run without dying
- I don't want to spill over my seat on a plane
- I want to fit into the jeans I have in the closet
- Earned treats - I need to work on this
- I REALLY want to get a kayak for next summer in Minnesota and Michigan (and all year in Texas)
WEEK 8 - AUGUST 27 to SEPTEMBER 2
This week was a little different, but it wasn't really at all. I was out of town again for work all week, and came home for one night before flying to Michigan where I am right now. I did well while out for work, sticking to my calories mostly. I tried hard to hold out on giving in to temptation until I was in Michigan, knowing I would be eating and drinking poorly.
It was a struggle of a week, as I was getting bored of eating lunch in my work truck and growing tired of eating out every night. A few days I was over on calories, which wasn't hard to do because I resorted to bored eating. I didn't gain a lot of weight, and in fact, weighed the lowest but felt like crap.
I found myself craving exercise and greens, which is good, but I didn't listen to my body. I got up and didn't run or even walk and I felt it. I did go swimming and did spend time outdoors but no hiking was done due to time constraints related to family visiting.
I didn't do well with exercise and I will remedy this. I need to get back to daily exercise and food journal writing - getting it all out there. My schedule is kind of good for the next 10 days, but will return to being out of town for the last two weeks of September. We have our annual camping/family trip the end of September and that will be a splurge, I'm sure. It's all about balance and remembering I need to earn these treats. I felt like crap not doing anything and I didn't feel well eating the junk, so I'm optimistic for getting back on track.
While in Michigan, I ate a lot of vegetables between the beer, donuts, and pizza. I drank an adequate amount of water, but was not nearly as hydrated as I should have been. I'm using all of these feelings moving forward. I'm still not beating myself up, because I'm focused on the right track and making a true lifestyle change for the majority of days.
I'm going to track more accurately, also, as I'm almost sure my calories were slightly misrepresented because my portions were a little off without a scale. I am really feeling handsome right now, so that's also motivation going forward. I know it's not all about looks, but with a fresh haircut and compliments from my family since seeing them in June, I am even more motivated to push through this. Seeing a big fat "zero" under the exercise logged makes me a little sad. Hopefully the Texas weather cooperates for more hikes, even if they're just at my local haunts.
What I do, when being good:
- I'm intermittent fasting - when scheduling allows, it can be difficult with travel and work
- I sometimes have bulletproof coffee on my commute in to work (coffee + butter + MCT oil)
- I'm low carb, usually around 20g net carbs/day
- I'm low calorie, around 1750-1800
- I'm no sugar, ain't got time for sugar
- I avoid artificial sweeteners, mostly - but I've become kind of lazy on this
- I still enjoy food (EVERY DAMN DAY--see weekly favorites below)
- I drink a lot of water
- I am doing Couch 2 5K (C25K app)
CHARTS & INFO
- Zaxby's Blackened Blue Salads w/ Ranch & Diet Coke
- Salami and cheese
- Have I mentioned Diet Coke, damn it I'm back on the sauce
- Brandless cheese puffs - dried & puffed cheeses
- Lunch meats
- Pants are falling off
- Plane seats were way less tight
- Travel less stressful due to my body
- I plan to get back to C25K, week 5
- I have my apartment gym again since I'll be home for 10 days
- I went for a short walk with my Gramma today
- I see results, feel results, and want to continue to feel those things
- More water, more veg, less junk
- No beer til the end of the month
CURRENT FACE PHOTO, 9/3/2018
I'm feeling pretty good this week, but know it will all fade if I don't keep going.